Art(ists) On the Verge (AOV2)Â is an intensive, mentor-based fellowship program for 5 Minnesota-based, emerging artists or artist groups working experimentally at the intersection of art, technology, and digital culture with a focus on network-based practices that are interactive and/or participatory.
For 2010, 5Â fellows and their proposed projects have been selected:
- Arlene Birt, Visualizing Grocery Impacts
- Kyle Phillips, Empathetic Architecture
- Janaki Ranpura, The Egg Alley Cat
- Tyler Stefanich, Recent History
- Tectonic Industries, Perhaps this is the only way of knowing if anything was ever important to you.
More information about the AOV2 program guidelines isÂ here.
Congratulations to each of the artists and thanks to the AOV2 jurors, Darsie Alexander, Chief Curator, Walker Art Center, and Kathleen Forde, Curator for Time-Based Arts at the Experimental Media and Performing Arts Center (EMPAC) in Troy, NY.
AOV2 is generously supported by the Jerome Foundation.