Love Letters in Lowertown
Request a love letter, to whomever or whatever you wish. It will be typed for them on a Smith-Corona Classic 12 while you wait or go to see other Northern Spark projects.
You can request anything specific in the letter. The information provided to the writer/typist/love therapist can include, but is not limited to:
• Name of the person to whom the letter is being written
• Something about what the requester knows of the person
• How the person feels about this person
• How they are currently connected to this person/history of the relationship
• How they hope to be connected to this person
• Any specific things the person wants to say in the letter
What will be produced for you in poetry and prose is a letter that expresses various kinds of love — ranging from friendship to familial to romantic, from the intellectual, emotional, physical and spiritual. At least that is what I will encourage.
Read more about this project on The Clarence White Blog.