Open Position: Press Relations Coordinator
Northern Spark is a free all-night art festival exploring the effects of climate change through art projects happening in neighborhoods along Metro Transit’s Green Line.
Now in it’s 7th year, Northern Spark will take place from sunset on Saturday, June 10, until sunrise on Sunday, June 11, 2017. For more information, visit northernspark.org.
Job Description: Press Relations Coordinator
Northern Lights.mn seeks a publicist to promote the Northern Spark festival to local and national media and manage press requests for images and interviews with festival staff and artists.
Deadline to apply:
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26, 2017.
Duration: May through June 30, 2017
Reports to: NS Co-Director
- Draft, send and follow up on monthly festival press releases or equivalent communications (2: May, June)
- Pitch and coordinate press interviews with festival staff and artists (May/June)
- Coordinate all press contacts and respond to media requests
- Coordinate press coverage with Partners’ PR departments as necessary
- Invite press contacts to and attend Festival Media Preview on May 24, 6-8 pm
- Attend bi-monthly Communications Team meeting
- Conduct press check-in and attend to press needs day-of and night-of festival
- Maintain media run sheet, tagged w/ relevant sponsor mentions and compile as final report
Excellent written and timely communications skills. Experience working with local arts and non-arts press. Cultural competency in pitching and speaking about issues related to art and environmental justice and communities of color.
Must have own computer and internet access.