Northern Spark Festival Intern
Northern Lights.mn seeks a Festival Intern for Northern Spark, an all night arts festival that lights up Minneapolis on the second Saturday of June. Now in it’s 6th year, Northern Spark will take place on Saturday, June 11, 2016.
For more information, visit northernspark.org.
Job Description: Festival Intern
The Festival Intern works closely with Northern Spark staff on important functions of the festival including audience engagement and outreach, partnerships, research and content uploading, volunteer recruitment, and night-of involvement. This is an opportunity to learn the structure and organizing strategies of a beloved Twin Cities public art event.
Deadline to apply:
Send application resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 5, 2016.
12 hours a week; more if desired
Mid-February through June 30, 2016
NS Associate Director
Funding through Great Lakes Foundation is available for Augsburg College students.
A sampling of possible tasks
- Conduct research for outreach plans for various local events and constituent groups including public events, neighborhood organizations and special interest groups
- Assist with communications for outreach efforts and attend meetings.
- Inform neighborhood residents and businesses of the festival.
- Research amenities for festival maps (bathrooms, bus routes, etc.)
- Work with Festival Content Manager to upload content to website, including inputting data for project coordinates, amenity entries: info hubs, food, restrooms, bike parking, car parking, and transit, and artist and partner missing content
- Compile and label press links for final documentation
- Attend partner and city meetings
- Assist with special projects as needed
Good written and verbal communications; ability to work independently with a given set of assignments; attendance at monthly and then weekly staff meeting in Minneapolis.
Experience using Google docs is desired, knowledge of Asana, WordPress, and CiviCRM preferred but not necessary if willing to learn these tools. Community organizing experience and familiarity with West Bank cultural institutions and East African culture desired.